Did you know?
- Leonardo is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, the largest Italian inward investor to the UK, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
- With UK revenues of around £2.3 billion, Leonardo generates exports worth £1.3bn to the UK economy every year.
- Leonardo employs 7,400 people at six major sites across the UK, each driving investment into the local economy and wider region through strong links with supply chain companies in the surrounding areas.
- We spend around £650m with more than 1,700 companies in the UK supply chain every year, which includes over 1,300 SMEs with a contract value of some £290m.
- Leonardo invests around £200m in the UK each year in Research and Development.
- We are one of the largest employers of engineering apprentices and graduates in the UK, with some 415 people on undergraduate, graduate and apprentice training programmes, rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED.
- Leonardo was the first defence company to sign a strategic partnering agreement with the UK MoD.
- Leonardo nurtures strong links with over 40 major universities throughout the UK.