Products and Programmes Graduate
The Business Graduate Development Programme, based in Yeovil, is designed to support your first steps after leaving university and to help you develop your career. Through a comprehensive two-year programme, you will have the chance to gain a complete understanding of the organisation and be involved in real challenges from day one. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, while always being encouraged to use your initiative.
Typically your placements will consist of 3-6 month rotations across the Product and Programmes department including the opportunity to do an external placement elsewhere in the business. The Product and Programmes graduate scheme is a fantastic way to gain practical experience in a wide spectrum of business disciplines, which a direct entry position cannot always offer. Additionally, you can begin to build a network of contacts, which will assist you in your future development.
Alongside the core placements, the graduate scheme supports your personal development, such as DISC profiling and personal branding workshops, all with the aim of making you into an all-round professional.
Upon successfully completing the scheme, the plan is to transition you into a full-time role within the company, with a vision to progress within Leonardo.
Please note that the nature of the graduate programme is very much a development role, therefore the responsibilities outlined below are not an exhaustive list and is very much subject to change.
Key Job Accountabilities
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the bid phase of potential new contracts to include:
- Aircraft configuration, cost make-up, risk register and programme schedule
- Supporting the execution and successful delivery of live contacts to include:
- Programme start up, design and procurement phase, build and flight test phase, delivery, training and support
- Working as part of multi-disciplined Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) including all functional areas within Leonardo.
- Working as the primary interface with the customer including UK and international government organisations.
- Programme governance in terms of Work Breakdown Structure, budget flow down, cost and schedule analysis, reporting, risk and issue management, financial performance.
- Product development and through-life capability management to ensure our military products will meet future market requirements and remain at the cutting-edge of technology.
A role in product and programme management will provide exposure to all elements of the Leonardo business lifecycle, from contract bidding through programme execution, training, delivery and through-life support.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Motivation and confidence to work in a dynamic programmes environment.
- Good communications skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Works well in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team.
- Tenacious problem-solver who can remain focussed on achieving targets and objectives.
- Sound engineering background and technical knowledge of the military product range.
- Flexible in terms of working hours and overseas travel.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software suite including Project
- Experience of SAP.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Industry experience beneficial but not essential
- Tenacity, fresh thinking and enthusiasm
- Analytical mind
- A strong team player
- Conscientious and keen to learn
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in product and programme management
- Must have been a permanent UK resident for a minimum of the past five years in order to meet security requirements
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelors or Masters
- The Leonardo Helicopter Graduate Development Programme is a two-year programme that allows graduates to complete a number of 3-6 month placements designed to provide practical experience within the organisation
- Alongside this, graduates complete a number of development activities at company and group level, which aim to ensure a smooth integration into the company whilst providing essential skills, knowledge and networking opportunities
- With over 230 trainees at Leonardo Helicopters, from apprentices to graduates, a thriving social network exists with regular organised social events to integrate newcomers
- Graduates will be based primarily within our Yeovil manufacturing HQ in Somerset; but potential opportunities for secondments and international travel exist
- Support for relocation is available
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension scheme
What our current Product and Programmes Graduate has been up to
- Developing product plans for both AW159 and Lynx platforms.
- Supporting bids and proposals for international AW159 future sales.
- Working on the Brazilian Lynx upgrade programme through the build and flight test phase.
- Working on the Philippines AW159 programme through the design definition and procurement phase.
Personal Data provided via this application process will be handled by Leonardo MW Ltd as Data Controller and by its authorised third parties in accordance with applicable data protection law and as described in the company's Data Privacy statement.
Leonardo represents a unique opportunity for a career-minded person to have the best of both worlds; a challenging role with career development prospects and a quality of life that is hard to equal.
As one of the leading helicopter manufacturers in the world, Leonardo Helicopters is part of the multi-national Leonardo Group of world class engineering companies. Leonardo Helicopters designs, develops and manufactures an unrivalled range of the most advanced helicopters, rotary wing technology, also developing mission and performance critical systems. Our helicopters are used extensively in civil and military roles worldwide. Primary operations are in the UK, Italy, Poland and the USA.