Other Commercial Frameworks
Leonardo is qualified through several Dstl and other commercial frameworks, which help suppliers bid for defence contracts, and for UK Ministry of Defence buyers to procure everything from military technology and infrastructure to education services and facilities management expertise. These include:
R-Cloud is the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory's (Dstl) marketplace for science and technology (S&T) research, providing ready access to the latest research opportunities. Leonardo is qualified in the following capability areas:
- C4ISR – This is the military command and control processes and infrastructure known as situational awareness.
- Counter Terrorism and Security – encompasses a broad range of technical areas
- Cyber – Research to understand the complexities and challenges of cyber systems
- Integrated Survivability – Is the systems engineering methodology to achieve optimum survivability at an affordable cost.
- Platform Systems – focuses on the application of Systems Engineering (SE) approaches to major platforms.
- Weapons – The development of, assessment, testing and advice on conventional and novel weapons technologies and systems that cover all aspects of weapon technologies.
Leonardo is the prime contractor for Lot 1 and is partnered with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence on Lot 2 and Atlas Elektronik on Lot 3.
- Lot 1: Engineering Design, Manufacture & Assessment
- Lot 2: Cyber, Software & Modelling
- Lot 3: Sensor, Sensor System & Signature Measurement
- Lot 4: Trials & Capability Operations