Leonardo’s Manufacturing & Supply Chain (M&SC) team supports the company’s diverse product portfolio across their complete lifecycle, ensuring customer requirements are always met. Working within our Lines of Business, our manufacturing technicians utilise sophisticated solutions and highly developed techniques across a range of capabilities including:
- Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT)
- New product introduction: transitioning emerging designs through early product development into series production
- Methods and processes: developing work instructions for AIT activities, defining methods, processes, tools and use of production aids
- Management and materials control: managing manufacturing activities and material requirements for specific products
- Logistics: maintaining optimum material flow to and from the shop floor
Within M&SC, we offer six levels of roles, with entry level focused on operating machinery or troubleshooting equipment problems. Higher level roles are concerned with improving production capacity, quality and/or efficiencies, and are required to keep abreast of technical developments through literature, technical contacts and major industry changes.
In line with our commitment to skills development, Leonardo supports its manufacturing employees – from apprentices upwards – in achieving various industry-recognised qualifications throughout their careers.