Business Support Career Opportunities
Leonardo’s Business Support teams collectively enable the company to deliver its desired strategy and objectives. This is achieved by providing a variety of cross-functional support activities, as well as expert advice, guidance and development of policies and procedures across a diverse range of disciplines. Our roles provide professional capability, resources and services across the business lifecycle. We offer opportunities in the following areas:
- HR – sits at the heart of employee relations and supports the business through the entire employment lifecycle – from recruitment to organisational design; from learning and development interventions to managing performance management and talent retention.
- Finance – our finance teams work across the business to offer innovative solutions to business problems and support project managers in guaranteeing the financial integrity of projects and bids. Additionally, they ensure our financial policies and accounting standards are applied appropriately, and reporting activities and business plan inputs meet their deadlines.
- Quality – our quality teams work in partnership with integrated project teams to identify, scope and implement tangible business improvement opportunities.
- Commercial – our commercial teams support bids and projects with customer engagement and contracts management, ensuring business is won and successfully delivered by applying best practice and adhering to functional governance processes.
- Procurement – our procurement teams provide support to and management of contract activities and complex partnering business relationships. Prime contracting experience is desirable.
- Corporate Affairs and Compliance – our corporate affairs and compliance team supplies a range of legal, corporate and compliance support to the business from advice and guidance on operating laws and regulations or trade obligations to meeting ethical standards.
As a business apprentice, you will work alongside specialists across various business support areas such as Finance, Commercial and Project Planning, learning through a series of rotational placements how the company operates and runs its many projects.
Apprenticeships across Leonardo offer a foundation from which you are able to experience how the business works and operates, whilst continuing your learning journey and gaining more qualifications within your chosen career path. The business supports day release to college, and has work-based assessors who can help guide you through understanding the practical application of many of the theories that you will learn whilst studying.
Applications are now open for the following business apprenticeships, starting in autumn 2019
Our graduate programme, offering roles across business support, is designed to coach your first steps after leaving university and to help develop your career. The comprehensive two-year programme provides the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the organisation and be involved in real challenges from day one, learning from colleagues who are experts in their field, while always being encouraged to use your initiative.
Applications are now open for the following business graduates roles, starting in autumn 2019
|Graduate Business Development||000132||Any UK Site|
|Graduate ICT Business Systems Functional Analyst||000122||Basildon|
|Graduate Business Development||000094||Edinburgh|
|Graduate Business Development||000014||Edinburgh|
An internship across one of our business support areas offers you the opportunity to understand what is delivered within each area whether its developing and implementing policy, managing new or existing suppliers or providing operational/delivery support. It is a great way for individuals to understand the practical business application to support theoretical study, and a placement often results in a conditional offer for the graduate programme being made.
Applications are now open for the following business internships, starting in autumn 2019
|Industrial Placement – Business Application Administrator||Edinburgh|
|Industrial Placement – Digital Communications||Luton|
|Industrial Placement – HR||Basildon|
Being a senior member of Leonardo’s business support function involves providing expert advice to the business and working across diverse business areas; you may influence policy development, manage third party suppliers, manage a group delivering a service to the business and/or operate as the subject matter expert. We are currently recruiting the following business roles.
In line with our commitment to skills development, Leonardo supports its staff – from apprentices upwards – in achieving various industry-recognised qualifications throughout their careers.